CoWIN COVID-19 vaccine: Cowin is a platform for the residents of India to enlist for COVID-19 vaccination and schedule their vaccination slots at the nearest vaccination centers. The public authority of India has successfully completed Phase 1 Vaccination Drive to fight against the deadly Coronavirus.
Under phase 1, all the health care workers and frontline warriors were vaccinated across the nation and now we are moving towards the second stage for example from Cowin 1.0 version to CoWin 2.O version. Eligible residents of India who want to get vaccinated need to enlist/ register and book appointments through CoWin gateway.
CoWin 2.0 Registration has begun from first March 2021. This simple procedure of registration/ enrollment should be done through the most recent version of the Co-Win Application. It is also said that the vaccination is currently going to be given free of cost at an approximate number of 10,000 government hospitals. But the private hospitals will have the immunization/ vaccine doses and they will be chargeable. These charges will be determined/ controlled by February 28, 2021. As per the most recent news update, in excess of 20,000 private hospitals will have the ability to give the facilities for COVID vaccination or immunization.
Co-WIN Vaccinator App
- On March 1st, CoWIN 2.0 portal has been launched, the same day when the second phase of the vaccination drive begins in the country for individuals over 60 years old and those more than 45 year with co-morbidities.
- Day 1 of the second phase of the CoWIN vaccination drive is relied upon to see walk-in registrations in huge numbers.
- An official from Union Health Ministry said, that “Senior citizens and people above 45 years with comorbidities will be permitted to self-register online by the portal or app today”.
- The government is upgrading the CoWin which was being utilized in the underlying two periods of the vaccination for immunization of healthcare and frontline workers.
- The public authority of India delivered the Co-WIN application a few months ago but users reported several glitches on the application.
- According to a few media reports, the Indian government will deliver the Co-WIN application 2.0 versions on March 1st, at 9 am.
- You will actually want to download the Co-WIN application 2.0 from the Google Play store on your Android device, and iOS accessibility has not been revealed yet.
- Notably, Co-WIN and Co-WIN 2.0 are the same applications the latter is an upgraded variant of the first one.
- The Ministry of Health has confirmed that the CoWIN application is just for administrators. Every other person can be book vaccination appointments through the Co-WIN portal.
- Through the CoWIN Portal http://cowin.gov.in, the registration and reserving for an arrangement for COVID19 Vaccination is to be done.
- There is no CoWIN App for beneficiary/ recipient enrollment.Separately, a part called Co-WIN with a vaccine icon has additionally been added to the Aarogya Setu application, India’s own special Covid following/ tracking application, for easy access.
- Registration should be possible online as well as in offline mode.
- You need to go to the official CoWin portal or apply on other IT applications of GoI, for advance registration and book appointments at government or private vaccination centers.
- Registration facility is only accessible for eligible residents as indicated for the second phase by the Government.
- The phase 3rd strategy will begin from first May 2021.
- In this phase, 18 years of age or more civilians of India will be vaccinated from Saturday i.e. 1st May.
- Officials expressed that the COVID-19 immunization will be made more flexible in phase third. The government of India working for a year so increasingly more citizens gets the vaccination.
Cowin App Registration Key Points
• The second period of the vaccination is dedicated to individuals over 45 years old.
• The eligible people will enlist at the Co-WIN 2.0 portal through their mobile number through a step-by-step procedure.
• The residents can book an appointment for the immunization anyplace utilizing the portal or through other relevant applications.
• If a beneficiary drops a 1st dose appointment, at that point, the appointment for the applicants of the two dosages will be dropped, the ministry said.
• Private medical clinics will have to remit the cost of vaccine doses allotted to them in a National Health Authority’s assigned account (NHA).
• It has also been referenced that there will be an on-site registration so that eligible beneficiaries can walk into identified vaccination/ immunization centers, get themselves enrolled and vaccinated.
• With one mobile number, an individual can register upwards of four beneficiaries. However, each one of those enlisted on one mobile number will have nothing in common except the mobile number, the ministry said.
• Please keep in mind that the Photo ID should be different for different people.
• The government has re-iterated that the vaccine is totally liberated from cost.
Registration process through CoWin 2.0 Portal
See the total work process or Covid-19 Phase 2 Cowin registration procedure:
Cowin Covid-19 vaccine Registration- To get vaccinated under this vaccination campaign, eligible residents need to enlist themselves. Registration can be possible online through Cowin 2.0 portal and portable application and furthermore in the offline mode, which is clarified below.
Login- Those who have enrolled through the portal can sign in at any time to book their appointment. Login can be done by utilizing registered mobile no.
Appointment Scheduling- After login, the appointment can be scheduled by choosing the preferred center and time allotment. Residents and furthermore re-schedule appointments.
Appointment Confirmation – after booking and download the confirmation confirm the appointment.
Vaccination Completed- Finally, residents will get vaccinated according to the appointment at the pre-scheduled center. Prior to immunization, every beneficiary is checked at the center. So, it is mandatory for every beneficiary to give the important documents as referenced at the time of registration. The vaccination appointment for the second dose will be automatically rescheduled, after the first vaccination.
Documents Required for कोरोना वैक्सीन
At the time of registration and vaccination at the vaccination centers, citizens are advised to carry the following documents for the purpose of verification-
- The Aadhar Card
- The Photo Id card provided to at the time of online registration
- The Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC)
- The Employment certificate with photo or Official Identity Card with photo
- The Certificate of Co-morbidity, if the citizen’s age group is 45 year to 59 years for Healthcare Workers & Frontline Workers.
Self Register Online for CoWin 2.0 Vaccination Step by Step procedure
Step 1: The first step is, to go to the link to the cowin gov in
Step 2: Now, the home page will be open on the screen.
Step 3: Then, scroll down the home page and enter your location and click on the ‘Go’ button.
Step 4: After this, it will redirect the online users to the next page, where the applicant is required to enter his/her mobile number under ‘Register or Login for Vaccination’.
Step 6: After that, hit on the ‘Get OTP’.
Step 7: Then, enter the OTP in the respective field and hit on the ‘Verify’ button.
Step 8: Now, from the drop-down choose the Identity Proof Type (Aadhaar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Passport, and Pension Passbook).
Step 9: Then, you have to enter the Photo ID Number.
Step 10: After that, you just enter the Name and choose Gender and Year of Birth.
Step 11: In the last step, you are required to click on the ‘Register’ button.
CoWIN Registration with Aarogya Setu App
If you want to register for vaccination through the Arogya Setu application, then you should follow these simple steps:
Step 1: The first step is to install the Arogya Setu app on your smartphone from your Google Play Store.
Step 2: After the installation of the app, open the application and provide your valid phone number.
Step 3: After that, enter the OTP which is received on your provided phone number and verify it.
Step 4: Then, after the verification is done, hit on the Vaccination and complete the registration process by filling in all the necessary information.
Step 5: Once your registration is completed you will get a confirmation of registration.
Covid-19 Vaccination Fees/ Charges
If you are getting enlisted for inoculation at a Government hospital or similar places, the immunization is totally liberated from cost. Cowin offers the list of vaccination centers just that are enlisted under the Government of India. Hence, if you are getting registered/ enrolled for the immunization through Cowin, you don’t need to pay any charges. In any case, if you think that you will get the immunization at a private medical clinic, at that point just you need to make a payment. Prior, the charges for the vaccination were fluctuating and different private medical clinics were charged differently. This was becoming a hindrance and so, the Government of India pressed the estimating to a standard Rs. 250/ — per vaccination.
Co-WIN for Citizens
|Co-WIN portal – Cowin.gov.in||Click Here|
|Cowin 2.0 website Link||Click Here|
|Registration link for Covid-19 vaccine||Click Here|
|MOHFW guidance for COWIN 2.0||Click Here|
|cowin.gov.in Portal Online Registration and Appointment Manual||Click Here|
|CGHS & Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Yojna empaneled hospitals list|
for Covid Vaccination Centers
Download Co-WIN Vaccinator App
Cowin Facility level users to perform the following tasks as Vaccinator, Supervisors, and Surveyors using Mobile Application:
1) Beneficiary Registration: Based on identified priority group by the Government of India, the Beneficiary can be registered on the Application.
2) Beneficiary Verification: Beneficiary’s relevant details can be captured in encrypted form which can be utilized to ensure that vaccine is administered to relevant Beneficiary. This is applicable at the time of registration as well as vaccination.
3) Aadhaar Authentication: To ensure de-duplication, Beneficiary’s Aadhaar authentication can be done from the application in the form of OTP and Demographic Authentication. Aadhaar Authentication is applicable at the registration time or at the validation time.
4) Status of Vaccination: Based on the dosing schedule, the vaccination status of the Beneficiary can be updated from not vaccinated to partially vaccinated and partially vaccinated to vaccination completion.
Select the link “Dashboard” on the official portal of Co-WIN, here you can select the State and District to know the complete status of the vaccination and all other complete information