ISRF: The dynamics of the 21st-century information economy area unit being more and more driven by the scientific and technological capabilities of a nation. The economic process, prosperity, and development of a rustic is progressively being determined by its S&T competency and strength instead of its material and resource base. Recognizing that S&T is associate important instrument within the growth paradigm, each developed and developing countries have evolved S&T policies to reinforce and strengthen their analysis infrastructure and technology intensity.
India Science and Research Fellowship ISRF square measure to giving the chance to scientists and researchers from neighboring countries particularly Asian nation, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Thailand to figure in modern examination territories around each one of the many controls of science and innovation as well as planning and clinical sciences at chief exploration labs and scholastic institutions in Asian nation. Up to 80 fellowships (10 from each country) will be awarded annually under this plan. The fellowship applications will be considered once every year by a Selection Committee.
- The focus is on providing a chance for developing country (other than the Republic of India) scientists to hold out analysis in premier analysis establishments in India.
- The Department of Science and Technology of the Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of the Republic of India is remitted to nurture, foster, and promote scientific and technological analysis and development in the Republic of India.
- DST is that the major agency within the country for the promotion of basic and applied sciences through internal and interschool analysis funding across disciplines and establishments.
India Science Research Fellowship (ISRF) 2021 announced
Forty scholars from six countries are awarded the chance to hold out their research in Indian Institutes and Universities using state-of-the-art facilities in these places. These scholars are selected supported analysis proposal, experience, academic merit, and publication record and suggested for the award of India Science and Research Fellowship 2021.
As a neighborhood of India’s initiatives to interact with neighboring countries to develop S&T partnerships, the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India has announced the ISRF Programme for the citizen of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Thailand researchers to figure in Indian Universities and Research Institutions. it’s been implemented since 2015, and as of now, 5 calls have been announced during this program with the participation of young researchers from these countries. About 128 fellows from these countries are awarded a fellowship under this program. variety of quality research papers are published by awardees during the ISRF calls from 2015-2019, and fellows also participated in various conferences/symposiums of their relevant fields. Because of the pandemic, no award was made last year.
- ISRF program has provided an opportunity to the young researchers from neighboring countries to get access to the state of art facilities available in the Indian institutes/universities.
- This fellowship is a platform to establish research cooperation with neighboring countries of India, which is one of the mandates of DST’s International Science and Technology Cooperation.
- Realizing that they’re still going through the pandemic, awardees are being inspired to possess virtual interaction with their host institutes and host scientists.
- They may visit Indian institutes once travel restrictions are relieved and also the overall setting is causative to doing regular laboratory analysis.
- Enable to undertake leading-edge research work in India.
- Open for faculty, scientists, and researchers in science, engineering, and medicine.
- The monthly sustenance allowance and one-time contingency grant.
- Return airfare
TYPE AND DURATION OF ISRF FELLOWSHIP OFFERED:
Visiting Fellowship: for durations between three to six months.
Eligibility for the Applicant
- The applicant must be a citizen/permanent citizen of Afghanistan, a citizen of
Bangladesh, a citizen of Bhutan,Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Thailand.
- The applicant should be actively engaged in research at any University or
research institution in their nation in various areas of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences.
- Minimum Qualifications required: Ph.D./M.Tech /M.Sc /MBBS with 3-5 years
of research or teaching experience. Applicants registered for a Ph.D. degree in
their home country can also apply.
- Fellowships are accessible in all major disciplines of science and technology including engineering and Medical Sciences.
- Fellowships are awarded to pursue research for a time of 3 – 6 months.
- Must be below 45 years aged.
- The applicant must possess a legitimate passport.
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India.
About ISRF 2021:
Launched by: The Department of Science and Technology(DST), Government of Asian nation in 2015.
Purpose: Awarded scientists and analysis from neighboring countries square measure provided a chance to hold out their research in Indian Institutes and Universities. they’re going to get advantages of exploitation progressive facilities in these places.
Countries Covered: Asian nation, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and the Kingdom of Thailand.
Significance: The fellowship could be a platform that establishes analysis cooperation with neighboring countries of Asian nations. This can be one among the vital mandates of DST’s International Science and Technology Cooperation.
ISRF Research fellowship Prize value
The complete scholarship includes a Scholarship allowance: Rs. 50,000 / – per month, accommodation enclosed.
Granting of a quota to a researcher: Rs 10,000 / – as occurrence emergency aid.
Fellowship for visiting researchers: Rs 20,000 / – for one-time grants
Airfare: Roundtrip fare economy category from the place of labor in your home country to the Indian host via the shortest route. Native road/rail traffic between the closest field and therefore the host institute in Asian country.
Visa fee: are going to be reimbursed.
ISRF Application Procedure:
The completed application should be submitted in electronic or paper kind with the next documents to CICS, the DST, or the applicant’s implementing agency. The applying kind prescribed to use for the IRSS program is downloaded from the CICS web site (DST website).
The completed form must be submitted by a competent authority of the house establishment with the subsequent necessary documents.
- A brief description of the projected analysis.
- Copy of the certification of the very best qualification.
- Reprint of 2 recent publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Copy of valid passport with passport variety, photo, date of birth, date of issue, ending date, and residential address.
- A certificate of no objection (format connected to the applying form) from the house establishment on the institute’s letter.
- Letter of Admission from the Bharat Host Supervisor to the Institute letter paper for Applicant’s analysis in India.Wherever attainable, CICS will facilitate the research worker determine a number establishment.
- Two passport photos
- A last updated CV.
Hope you will like this information regarding ISRF. If you still have a query regarding ISRF, India Science Research Fellowship, you can ask us in comment section. You can also bookmark our site sarkariiyojana.in for latest updates.