Under Digital India Project NSP is taken as Mission Mode Project (MMP). It aims to provides a Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive and Transport SMART system for faster and effective disbursal of Scholarship to eligible applicants directly into their account through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) without any leakages. It facilitate various services starting from student application, application receipt, verification, processing, and disbursal of various scholarships to student.
Applicant Registration and NSP Login
First the Student/Applicant has to register and submit the application at NSP.
Registration and NSP Login Process for Fresh Students:
• The applicants who are applying for the first time on NSP portal 2020, will be referred as Fresh Student.
• Before initiating registration process, carefully go through the “Guidelines for Registration on National Scholarship Portal” and keep the Educational and other documents such as Aadhaar number, Enrolment number, Bank passbook etc. in hand.
• Fresh applicant can register using the icon “New Registration” at NSP Portal 2020 official website www.scholarships.gov.in by providing accurate and correct information as per their documents.
• Fields marked as ‘*’ are mandatory.
• If applicant possess Aadhar Card than it is mandatory for applicant to provide Aadhaar number in their application form.
• Applicants who do not have Aadhaar card will have to provide the enrolment ID (if available), and have to upload scanned copy of Bank Passbook with Photograph in PDF or JPEG format (Maximum size 200 KB). The students are also required to upload original student certificate from Institute/School along with their application form.
• After submitting all the details, student will get a unique application ID and password through SMS on the registered mobile number.
• Now login to NSP using application ID and password received. The student must change the password after first login and keep it safe and confidential. The mobile number can be changed only before the first login, i.e. before changing the received password.
• The student can apply in any of the scheme boarded on NSP by providing accurate and correct information and now has to submit the documents to the Institute after Final submission of the application at NSP portal.
Registration and NSP Login Process for Renewal Students:
• The student who have been granted scholarship in any of the scheme on-boarded at NSP in the immediately preceding Academic Year, will be referred as Renewal Student.
• Renewal Students can only apply for renewal of scholarship within the same scheme, that they need been granted scholarship within the previous school year. Renewal Students have to update their marks obtained in previous year and submit the application on NSP Portal 2020. The student must keep the account in which scholarship was received in previous year as active and functional to receive scholarship amount.
• In case the student wish to apply for any other scheme, he/she have to login using their previous year’s application ID and password and select the option Withdrawing the Renewal Application, then register as a Fresh Student within the current school year. Now they have to follow the process for Fresh Application.
How to search the NSP registered Schools/Institutes/ITI?
The Schools/Institutes/ITI with valid U- DISE (Unified District Information System for Education) or AISHE (All India Survey on Higher Education) codes can register on NSP. To know whether Schools/ Institutes/ITI is registered on NSP Portal or not, go to scholarships.gov.in and click on “Search Institute/School/ITI” provided on the Top Right Corner of the screen. Schools / Institutes already registered with NSP can be searched through this option.