NSP National Scholarship Portal:- Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India is the overall owner of NSP and oversee the end-to-end process of NSP. Under Digital India Project NSP is taken as Mission Mode Project (MMP). It aims to provides a Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive and Transport SMART system for faster and effective disbursal of Scholarship to eligible applicants directly into their account through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) without any leakages. It facilitate various services starting from student application, application receipt, verification, processing, and disbursal of various scholarships to student.
Step involved in NSP
- Student registration and Application Submission
- Level 1 is Verification of Application at Institute Level
- Level 2 and Level 3 Verification of Application at District/State/Ministry Level
- Beneficiary records Creation and Account Validation by Public Financial Management System (PFMS)
- Applications Deduplication and Merit List Generation and Financial Approval
- Scholarship Disbursement through DBT
NSP Login- Fresh and Renewal
- First the Student/ Applicant has to register and submit the application at NSP.
- The applicant who is applying for the first time on NSP portal, will be referred as Fresh Student and the student who have been granted scholarship in any of the scheme on-boarded at NSP in the immediately preceding Academic Year, will be referred as Renewal Student.
How to do New Registration in NSP Portal?
NSP Registration Process for Fresh Students:
- Before initiating registration process, students are advised to carefully go through the “Guidelines for Registration on National Scholarship Portal” and keep their Educational and other documents such as Aadhaar number, Enrolment number, Bank passbook etc. in hand.
- Fresh applicant can register using the icon “New Registration” at NSP Login Portal official website www.scholarships.gov.in by providing accurate and correct information as per their documents.
- After clicking on New Registration, a new screen with instructions will open.
- Read all instructions carefully.
- Tick all checkbox.
- After that click on continue button
- A application form for Fresh Registration For Academic Year 2020-21 will appear on screen.
- Fill the form completely and click on Register button.
- Fields marked as ‘*’ are mandatory.
How to do NSP Login in NSP Portal?
- Go to the official website of National Scholarship Portal.
- Click on Login for fresh application, if you have already registered.
- Enter your application Id and Password and fill captcha.
- After that click on Login button.
- If applicant possess Aadhar Card than it is mandatory for applicant to provide Aadhaar number in their application form.
- Applicant who do not possess Aadhaar shall provide the enrolment ID(if available), and upload scanned copy Bank Passbook with Photograph, in PDF or JPEG format (Maximum size 200 KB). The student will also be required to upload original student certificate from Institute / School along with their application form.
- After submitting all the details, student will get a unique application ID and password through SMS on the registered mobile number.
- Now login NSP using application ID and password received. The student are advised to change the password upon first login. Keep it safe and confidential. The student can change the mobile number only before the first nsp login, i.e. before changing the received password.
- The student can apply in any of the scheme boarded on NSP by providing accurate and correct information as per their documents, and shall submit the documents to the Institute after Final submission of the application at NSP portal.
How to do NSP Login/New Registration for Renewal Students?
Login/Registration Process for Renewal Students:
- Renewal Students can apply only for renewal of the same scheme.
- Renewal Students can apply for the scholarship which they have been granted scholarship in the previous Academic Year.
- Student is required to update their marks obtained in previous year and submit the application on NSP Portal.
- The student must keep the account in which scholarship was received in previous year as active and functional to receive scholarship amount.
- In case the student wish to apply for any other scheme, he/she must login using their previous year’s application ID and password,
- Select the option for withdrawing the renewal application form
- After that register as a Fresh Student in the current Academic Year.
1st Level Verification Process & Steps @NSP Portal
- The Institute Nodal officer will verify the correctness of details in the application form and uploaded documents submitted by the applicant, and will maintain physical copies of supporting documents submitted by the applicant.
- The District/State Nodal Officer can ask for copies of these documents from the Institute Nodal Officers, as and when required.
- The Nodal officer has the option to either Verify the application, Reject the application or Defect the application.
- In case she/he chooses to Reject or Defect the application, the reasons for rejection or defect will be provided, so that the same can be displayed to the applicant.
- The Application defected by the Institute will be returned to applicant for correcting the same, and once submitted by the applicant, the application will be shown under Reverification section of NSP application.
- The Institute Nodal Officer will ensure that appropriate verification of applications is followed in accordance with the Scheme guidelines, and internal procedure as prescribed by Institute authorities / Government.
- The Institute Nodal Officer can mark any application as Fake at any stage before the payment is made, using the option “Mark as Fake” under the Verification section in his/her profile, in case a fraud is suspected in the application.
2nd Level Verification Process & Steps @NSP Portal
- The District/ State/ Ministry Nodal Officer shall verify the correctness of details in the application form and uploaded documents submitted by the applicant as per guidelines of the related scheme.
- The District / State Level Nodal officer can also either Verify the application, Reject the applications or Mark the application as Fake.
- In case Nodal officer chooses to Reject the application or Mark the application as fake, the reasons must be provided, so that the same can be displayed to the applicant.
- The District / State Level Nodal officer responsibility is to monitor overall pendency of the applications for the scheme at Institute Level.
3rd Level Verification Process & Steps @NSP Portal
- For the schemes that require third level of verification, the State Nodal Officer shall follow the same process as followed for 2nd Level Verification.
Precautions to be taken by Applicant
The following are the Precautions to be taken by Applicant while applying at National Scholarship Portal.
- The applicant must ensure that the Bank Account details (A/c Number, IFSC Code) submitted is correct and keep the account active and functional to receive scholarship amount.
- The applicant must ensure that the resolution/quality of documents uploaded is adequate so that they are clear and readable.
- The applicant must ensure that the mobile number provided in the application is correct and belongs to the applicant and take timely action(s) on the SMS received from NSP.
- The applicant must select the desired scheme from list of schemes available as per the eligibility criteria of the scheme(s).
- The applicant must follow up with Institutes for application verification before the deadlines.
- The applicant must rectify the error(s) and comply with the remarks made in the application in case the application is marked as defective in NSP.
- The applicant shall note that applications marked rejected / fake by the nodal officer during the verification / reverification process will not be considered for further processing on NSP.
- The applicant must carefully select their institute. If applicant selects some other institute by mistake, he or she will have to get their application marked defected from the selected institute and then Institute can be corrected.
- The applicant shall note that priority for Scholarship Disbursement will be given to the Aadhaar linked bank accounts.
NSP Help Desk
National Information Centre (NIC) is the technical agency for developing and maintaining the NSP. So, Help Desk for NSP is maintained by NIC, with support from external call centre agency. The primary role of the helpdesk is to provide first level assistance to the users of NSP. The helpdesk will:
- Assist the applicant(s) for filling the registration and application forms, and will provide technical support.
- Raise the critical issues to NSP team, as and when required.
- It Maintain a list of User category-wise FAQs for several users of the portal.
- Keep the operators of call centre agency updated about the processes at NSP.