CSC Digital Seva Portal Registration: Common Service Center or CSC Digital Seva Portal is one of the major factors of Digital India programme. These are the gateways to provide various types of electronic governance and business services to the rural and remote citizens of the country. It is a pan-India network reflecting the regional, geographical, linguistic and cultural diversity of the country, thereby fulfilling the government’s mission as a socially, economically and digitally inclusive society. CSC provides citizens access to e-services for better governance, basic government and utilities, social services, financial services, education and training courses, health and agriculture services, digital literacy and operation of various B2C related services. CSC Digital Seva Portal also provides services of Pan-India.
CSC Digital Seva Portal
The Digital India program is a program established by Honorary Prime Minister Narendra Modi to promote digital media and technology across the country. As part of the implementation of the Digital India programme, the central government has set up nationwide Common Service Centers (CSCs). This article introduces the services provided by CSC Digital Seva Portal.
Digital Seva Common Service Center is an online portal that provides citizens access to various government services. CSC e-Governance is a portal developed by Ministry of Electronics Information Technology, India. Indian people can use the portal to apply online for various certificates, government services and banks and insurance services. Digital India Program Honorary Prime Minister for promotion of digital media and technology across the country
What are the services offered by CSC Digital Seva Portal?
CSC Digital Seva Portal provides various types of services under different sectors. The services provided by the portal under various sectors are discussed below.
Agriculture sector and farming
The agriculture sector is mainly focused on the needs and betterment of the farmers. CSC Agri Platform is specially designed for multiple services related to agriculture. Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) and Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) can buy multiple brands of farm equipment and products, sell agricultural products, provide soil surveys, livestock products, farm equipment rental and Can lease and also provide bank loans. The services provided in this sector are:
- 1000 FPOs are already integrated. Overall, the target is to have 6000 FPOs by the end of the current financial year.
- Many branded products are offered to farmers, including seeds, fertilisers, pesticides and other agricultural inputs.
- Block-level SAIL testing space has been provided for the farmers.
- Mobile Overview Report (MOVR) application is given for rental and rental of moulding machines and agricultural equipment.
Bank loan facility is provided for the farmers
- Aadhaar Services
CSC provides mobile updates and additional facilities under the Aadhaar service of the CSC portal. In the last five months, more than 10,000 VLEs have used this service to renew their mobile and email IDs and over 1.5 million residents. All VLEs having a biometric device (finger or iris) can update/add a citizen’s mobile phone number and email ID in the Aadhaar database. The mobile phone number of the citizen is updated within 72 hours if the biometric is successful.
- Banking and Pension Services
Lack of digital financial literacy is a huge factor in rural areas and a major challenge to overcome. Digital Seva launched a digital financial service to support India’s cashless economy by registering 100 lakh citizens and enabling 25 lakh small merchants under this program. In the rural sector, banking services like deposits, withdrawals, balance enquiries, bank statements, fixed deposit accounts, bank transfers, personal loans, general purpose credit cards, Kisan credit cards, borrower credit functions, etc. are provided. CSC Portal affiliated to around 42 public and private service sectors and local/regional banks.
CSC Registration 2022
Services provided by CSC Digital Seva Portal in Banking and Pension sectors are:
- Rural Authorized Person (RAP) Registration
- Life Insurance Certificate (LIC)
- Basic Banking Course
- pin pad device payment service
- Pension Services: Rural and suburban National Pension Schemes are promoted by opening Tier 1 and Tier 2 accounts, deposit contributions etc.
The election services provided are:
- Voter ID Services
- Other election related services
- electricity services
- Digital Seva Portal also provides electricity services like
- online payment of electricity bills
- Registration and management of new power line.
Digital education services are very important as they provide education even in the remotest parts of our country. Some of the services provided under this section are:
Digital Literacy: The service sponsors a computer course that enhances the IT skills of ASHA and Anganwadi certified distribution card holders. An investor awareness program and a NABARD financial literacy program for rural citizens of India have also been made available.
Adult Literacy: Through this service, reading, speaking, writing and listening services are provided through Tara Akshar.
Digital Sewa Portal Registration Process
- Visit the Digital Seva Portal registration site https://register.csc.gov.in/. Click on VLE Registration button.
- A new registration page will appear.
- Select your desired application type
- Enter your mobile number
- confirm captcha code
- After that, the next steps for the application form appear.
- Enter the required details
- Upload documents for verification
- After that click on Next and then click on Send