As we all know the Sukanya Samridhi Yojana is started with the aim to support the girl child and promote the education and welfare of girls. Under this scheme, the government provides many benefits to the girl child. The government of India has dispatched the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator which is based on the Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme. SSY Calculator is used to estimate the return on the SSY account.
Know the required eligibility criteria to use the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
- All the guardians who are interested to invest some amount in the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme can check the maturity amount by using the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator. Here we are providing the required eligibility criteria to open an SSY account and then can use the SSY calculator.
- Under this SSY scheme, a maximum of two girls can take benefit from the scheme from a single family.
- The account holder (girl child) must be a permanent citizen of India.
- The age of the account holder must be less than 10 years.
- Once the account holder completed 18 years of age then the partial withdrawal facility will be available.
- To take the full benefit of the scheme the deposited amount should be for at least a duration of 15 years from the date of account opening.
Know the major Benefits of the Sukanaya Samriddhi Yojana Account
- Affordable Deposits: The main benefit of this scheme is, it is affordable scheme. Under the Sukanya Samridhi Yojana account, the minimum deposit is only ₹250 per annum and the maximum deposit limit is ₹1.5 lakh per annum. Under this scheme to save the future of your girl child, you can invest a small amount and you don’t need to cut down on necessities. Because of the affordable deposits rule the SSY is a preferable savings scheme for everyone.
- Coverage of Educational Expenses: Parents can use 50% amount from the available total balance of the Sukanya Samridhi Yojana account after the girl child attain 18 years, to fulfill the educational expenses of the account holder/girl child.
- Tax Benefits: As per section 80C of the Income Tax Act 1961, you can avail of tax benefits on a deposit of up to ₹1.5 lakh per annum. You don’t need to pay tax on the interest earned and the maturity amount.
- Interest Rates: The government is offering a good interest rate on the Sukanya Samridhi savings scheme which can provide you with good returns at maturity. You have to know that the current interest rate on the Sukanya Samridhi Yojana account is 7.6%.
Know the Limitations of the SSY Calculator
- Despite the fact that the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator is exceptionally helpful and valuable, there are a few things that neutralize this mini–computer.
- On the off chance that it isn’t configured accurately, it can give the wrong value.
- Despite the fact that the public authority has given a chance of Rs. 1.5 lakh the calculators don’t restrict the yearly investments so if you enter an investment of more than Rs. 1.5 lakh, it will in any case calculate a maturity value.
- Since the calculator is designed manually, you should enter the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana interest rate every time that it changes from here on out.
Know the procedure to Calculate Returns on Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
At present, the interest cost of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is 7.6% every year. The interest rate is represented by the Ministry of Finance. The plan requires a person to make at least one commitment in a monetary year until the completion of 14 years. The computation of the final amount is finished based on your net contributed sum in addition to the interest earned.
Know the procedure to use the Sukanya Samriddhi Calculator
If the supporter/guardian completes the eligibility criteria of the SSY scheme, he/she should specify the age of the girl child and the amount of investment that they want to invest. In view of the sum entered by the guardian, the calculator will figure out the assessed sum that they will get after the maturity of the scheme.
To use the SSY calculator, the investor must have to enter the given details:
- Investment per year- Under this option, the investor is required to fill in the amount they want to deposit into the scheme.
- Age of Girl Child- Under this option, the investor will be required to fill in the age of the girl child for which he/she wants to open the SSY account.
- Start Year- Under this option, the investor will have to enter the starting year of investment.
- After entering the complete details the SSY calculator will display the given results:
- The SSY calculator will show when the scheme will mature. Keep in mind that the SSY account will mature in 21 years.
- The account holder/girl child will get the accumulated maturity value after the maturity of the scheme.