UPCOP Character Certificate: Police verification certificate significant certificate for individuals who need to begin a new job whether it be a government or private one has to give a police verification certificate. To apply for the UPCOP Character Certificate the applicant has to follow some steps. Individuals who are interested can apply for the Police verification certificate and download the certificate in the PDF format this facility is available on the Citizen portal of the UP Police, began fast and hassle-free delivery of the police verification certificate. A character certificate is proof of your character. A character certificate is a particularly significant and important document, which shows that the person has not had any bad behavior/terrible conduct or bad record in any place before or he has not enrolled his name in any legal issue or has carried out any wrongdoing.
UPCOP Character Certificate
UP character certificate is given by the police officer or any other government authority. It is also known as Police Clearance Certificate. This police verification character certificate is made when you need a job in any government department or it is asked for at the time of admission in a higher study in a big institution or college. The Police character certificate is valid for one year only and after that, you have to issue it again or renew the certificate. You can apply for the certificate online or offline mode. For the online mode, you have to pay only Rs 50 for the application. Police Verification Character Certificate provides the details related to the character of the person. This certificate is required at the time of making a passport and for doing other work. It is a legally valid document that is provided to the person during police verification.
Benefits of the UPCOP Character Certificate
- It is asked while taking admission in the higher courses in the big educational institution.
- An individual needs to initially create a character certificate to live in a rented/leased house.
- It is also required for government or private jobs.
- Character certificate after being certified by the police, the proof of your character proves that you are not engaged with any non-work or wrongdoing.
- If you are selected to the post of officer in the bank, then you need to give a character certificate.
Highlights about UPCOP Character Certificate
|Scheme Name||Character certificate UP Police|
|Government Under||State Government|
|Authorizing Body||Uttar Pradesh Police|
|State Name||Uttar Pradesh|
|Beneficiary||The citizen of the Uttar Pradesh state|
|Years Active||Active Now|
|Category||UP Government Scheme|
|Registration | Login||https://cctnsup.gov.in/citizenportal/Login.aspx|
|Check Application Status||https://cctnsup.gov.in/citizenportal/CitizenVerification.aspx|
Required documents for the UPCOP Character Certificate
- The applicant must have an Aadhar card, Ration Card, a Voter id card for police verification.
- The applicant must have Residence Certificate, Bank Pass Book, a passport size color photograph and Mobile Number.
- The applicant must have a certificate issued by the Gram Pradhan or Panchayat Head.
Online application procedure to apply for the UP Police Character Verification Certificate
- To apply for the UP Police Character Verification Certificate the applicant has to follow the steps:
- First of all, the applicant has to visit the link https://uppolice.gov.in of the official website.
- On the home page, the applicant has to click on the citizens services and choose character verification and then click on proceed.
- After this, the applicant has to create new login id and password to apply and then change the password and login to complete the process.
- After that, the applicant has to apply for a new character verification certificate online.
- And then, the applicant has to make payment using any payment gateway.
- Now the applicant has to wait for at least 15 days to download the verification certificate.
Offline application procedure to apply for the UP Police Character Verification Certificate
- To apply for the UPCOP Character Certificate through offline mode, the applicant has to visit the private office or police officer of the state.
- Now, the applicant has to take the police verification form and then fill in the necessary information as asked in the form and then attach duplicate copies of all the documents.
- After this, the applicant has to read and review the form once again and rectify it if any mistake has been made and then submit the form.
- When all the documents are verified, the character certificate will come through police verification and the applicant has to take from the police officer’s office.
The process to download the UP Character verification Certificate
- First of all, the applicant has to visit the link https://cctnsup.gov.in/citizenportal/login.aspx which is the official website’s link.
- Now, the applicant has to log in using your login id and password as created.
- After that, the applicant has to click on the ‘Search Status’ option and then select the application type as service request option.
- Now, the applicant has to enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number.
- After this, the applicant has to choose the year of applying and then hit the submit button.
- Now, the applicant has to click on the download to download the UPCOP Character Certificate.
The procedure to renew the UPCOP Character Certificate
- To renew the UP Police Character Verification Certificate the applicant has to go through the login page and log in using old login id and password.
- Now, follow all the steps as discussed above to apply for a new character verification certificate and then pay fees.
- After Submitting the fees the applicant has to wait for 15 to 30 days to get the UP Police Verification Certificate online in the pdf format.
The procedure to check the status of the Character Verification Certificate
- To check the status of the Character Verification Certificate the applicant has to follow the following steps-
- First of all, the applicant has to visit the link https://uppolice.gov.in of the official Website.
- Now, on the home page, under the citizen’s services, the applicant has to click on the character verification and then click on proceed.
- After that, on the login page, the applicant has to click on the UPCOP Character Certificate.
- Now, a new page will open where the applicant has to select the Character Certificate and then enter your Complaint or Service Request no. and then click on submit.
The process to get a fast Character Verification Certificate
- To get a character verification certificate instantly the applicant has to follow the offline procedure:
- First of all, the applicant has to go to the Gram Pradhan or Panchayat Head and then get the Pradhan Pehchan Patra or certificate verified by the Gram Pradhan.
- After that, the applicant has to visit the nearest police station with the application form and then submit the form.
- After approval of the character verification, the applicant will receive a SMS on the registered mobile number to visit the SSP office for approval from there.
- After successful approval, the applicant will receive the UPCOP Character Certificate on the registered E-mail id.
The steps to download the Uttar Pradesh Police Mobile application
- The applicant can also apply for the character certificate online by using the mobile application, apart from this the applicant will get numerous other facilities in this application. The procedure to download the mobile application is as follows:
- The first step is that you have to open Google Play Store to download the application.
- Now, you have to type UPCOP in the search bar to search the UPCOP Mobile APP.
- After that, you have to click on the INSTALL button.
- Now, the mobile app will be successfully downloaded and all the information related to the police character certificate will be shown on your mobile application.
Hope you will like this information. If you still have a query, you can ask us in comment section. You can also bookmark our site sarkariiyojana.in for latest updates.